The turret mechanism by J W Benson of London was installed at St Faith’s Church around 1860 when the tower of the church was rebuilt. In 1975 it was considered to be too unreliable for modern purposes and was replaced. A local architect, Mr. T K Makins FRIBA, rescued the mechanism together with the weights, pendulum, leading off rods and a pair of the original hands. He kindly donated it in 1988 to Hampshire County Museum Service and conservators from Hampshire Museums and Archives Service painstakingly restored it where it can be seen in “The Spring“, which is the new name for Havant Arts Centre and Havant Museum.
The current clock was installed late-1989 and commissioned in January 1990. It has an inter-linked electrically operated striking system which incorporates night silencing.