St Faith’s church building belongs to the whole community!
The congregation of St Faith is just the custodian of this, the oldest continually used public building in Havant.
We therefore warmly welcome groups from all over the community to hire this fantastic space, for drama, music, art exhibitions, talks and conferences. Recent hirings have included:
Havant Dynamo Youth Theatre (who also used the churchyard to stage a walk-about production of the ‘Roses of Eyam’),
Havant Civic Society for meetings,
Alcoholics Anonymous for meetings,
Mind (for ‘Safe-Space’ youth project),
Havant Grammar School Old Boys social gathering & concert.
Havant Music Festival
Havant Borough Council (for the annual Civic Service and other Remembrance Services)
What we can offer…
- A well lit facility (with LED lighting capable of multiple settings)
- A refreshment counter (with ‘quooker’ instant hot water, fridge and dish-washer)
- Alcoholic drinks may be served at functions, with a suitable licence (or included within the price of admission)
- A modern public address system, with optional drop-down screen and laser projection
- Central heating throughout
- Seating for up to 300 people (maximum)
- Use of our restored pipe organ for concerts and recitals
- Church staff to advise and support throughout your event
- Flat entrance to the building is available at the West doors, with push-button controls
- We currently have only one toilet, although it has been recently refurbished, complete with a baby-change station. Sadly, we are not able to offer full wheelchair accessible facilities at the present time (funding is being sought), although portable ramps are available to facilitate general access. (Note: the present toilet will accommodate a standard wheelchair, but it is not large enough for lateral transfers).
- Our pews can be moved to the side aisles, creating around 150 square metres of open floor.
- Due to the varying floor levels, we regret that the church cannot be used safely for dancing
- Hire of the church is subject to the permission of the Rector and Churchwardens. Permission will not be granted to any group which (in our opinion) promotes hatred of any other section of society, including extremist political or religious groups.
Up to 3 hours: £60 per hour (includes time for setting up and taking down)
More than 3 hours: £58 per hour (includes time for setting up and taking down)
All day: (from 7am to 11pm): £870
(Discounts may be available for regular or longer-term bookings)
Special Rate for Registered Charities and
Local Community groups/music ensembles
Up to 3 hours: £25 per hour (includes time for setting up and taking down)
More than 3 hours: £24 per hour (includes time for setting up and taking down)
All day: (from 7am to 11pm): £240
The hire charge will be further reduced by 20% if the hirer carries out a collection for St Faith’s during their event.
Baptisms (Christenings) and Weddings
Please see separate pages:
Want to know more?
Please use the ‘Contact Us’ page to get in touch, letting us know the date and type of event you want to put on. We will get back to you straight away to discuss your exact requirements.